World’s Largest Hydro Conference!
For the best experience on our site, please use Chrome, FireFox
We are now accepting abstracts for consideration for
HydroVision International 2019!
Submit your abstract by the deadline October 15, 2018
Submit your abstract by October 15, 2018, and take advantage of the opportunity to share your insight with more than 3, 000 hydro colleagues and to become a prospective participant in this exciting conference!
Topics of interest to the HydroVision International conference audience include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Climate Change and Variability/Extreme Events
- Cultural and Social Issues/Resettlement
- Endangered Species
- Fish Habitat/Instream Flow
- Fish Passage/Protection
- Reservoir Emissions/Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Shoreline and Land Management/Recreation
- Tools for Environmental Optimization
- Tribal/Indigenous Peoples Perspectives
Equipment and Technology
- Auxiliary Equipment and Controls
- Computer Models
- Engineering/Design/Design Tools
- Innovative Ideas/New Technology/Research and Development
- Instrumentation and Control (Protection, Automation, Governors, SCADA)
Market Trends and Strategies
- Construction/Construction Management
- Country Reports/Regional Briefings
- Development Opportunities, Incentives, and Constraints
- Ocean Wave and Tidal and Hydrokinetic Power
- Procurement Specifications
- Pumped Storage
- Small Hydro
Project Management and Operations
- Ancillary Benefits
- Business Issues/Planning/Forecasting
- Dam Removal/Project Decommissioning
- Economics/Finance/Incentives/Non-Power Issues
- Modifying Hydro Operations for Climate Change
- Monitoring/Measuring/Condition Monitoring
- Performance Testing/Flow Measurement
- Power System Stability/Reliability
- Risk Assessment
- Safety/Occupational Safety and Health/Public Safety
- Security and Access
- Transmission Issues/Constraints
- Wind/Solar-Hydro Integration
- Workforce Staffing/Training
Water Management and Movement
- Basin-Wide Planning
- Civil/Dams/Dam Safety
- Flood Protection
- Forecasting (Snowpack, Streamflow)
- Sediment and Erosion Management
- Water Conveyances (Canals, Controls, Gates, Penstocks, Spillways, Valves)
- Water Quality and Temperature
- Water Resources Management
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Selection Process: The HydroVision International 2018 Technical Committee is composed of seasoned professionals working in all sectors of the hydro market. This committee will carefully review all abstracts submitted by the October 15, 2018, deadline with the ultimate goal of forming a highly educational and informative technical papers track that addresses topical and timely hydro-related issues.
All abstracts will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract submitted, including content matter, market trends and relevance of the material. The technical committee will give preference to abstracts that include project owner/developer representation. Consultants and manufacturers may submit abstracts of a non-commercial nature, but all blatant commercial sales pitches will not be accepted for presentation.
Abstracts will be graded by the committee on the following questions:
- Is the abstract relevant to the industry now or in the near future?
- Is the abstract clear, concise and effective?
- Is the abstract objective?
- Is the abstract technically sound?
- Will this abstract stimulate discussion and/or encourage attendance at a conference session?
Notification: All primary contacts will be notified via email no later than January 4, 2019, as to whether or not their proposed HydroVision abstract has been selected. The presenting author for all selected abstracts will be invited to either make a Technical Paper Presentation or a Poster Gallery Presentation at HydroVision International.
- Submit a manuscript to conference management for inclusion in the Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations – Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Submit a Speaker Registration Form with payment for the presenting author. A Speaker Registration includes: Exhibit Hall Access, Keynote and Closing Luncheon, Conference Sessions (15 PDHs), Breakfast on the day of your session, Delegate Lunches, Exhibit Hall Receptions, Thursday Evening Party and Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations.
- Register for the conference by May 31, 2019
- Submit a signed Speaker Agreement and Materials Release Form, due immediately upon receipt of acceptance notification.
- The speaker must be present and have purchased a registration for the conference in order to present your paper (or one of the authors has to be present) and to have paper published in the Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations.
Co-authors are encouraged to attend HydroVision, and we will gladly include their names in the conference program. They are responsible for their own conference registration, hotel accommodations and other conference-related expenses.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT:
OCTOBER 15, 2018
For questions or difficulties with submission, contact:
Technical Papers Conference Manager
Call for participants in the Panel Presentation Sessions
In addition to the technical paper sessions, HydroVision International features panel presentation sessions divided into seven broad categories:
- Asset Resilience & Sustainability
- Civil Works & Dam Safety
- Marine & Hydrokinetic Energy
- New Development
- Operations & Maintenance
- Policies & Regulations
- Water & Environment
These sessions differ from the technical paper sessions in that they do not involve a formal presentation but rather consist of an interactive panel discussion format, where speakers address various aspects of a specific topic primarily by fielding questions from the audience.
If you are interested in being considered as a speaker in one of these sessions at HydroVision International 2015, please select one or two topics from the above list that best fit your area of expertise and submit them with your name, title, company affiliation, mailing address, phone number and email as well as a short biography to email@example.com by October 15, 2018.. This could be your opportunity to provide expertise and interact with the audience in lively discussion on some hot topics.
Requirements for speakers participating in a panel discussion include confirming participation and purchasing a conference registration for HydroVision International 2018. PowerPoint presentations are not required.
If you have been selected as a panelist, you will be notified via email or telephone call by January 4, 2019.
To be considered as a speaker in a Panel Presentation Session,
please submit your information by
OCTOBER 15, 2018
If you have any questions, please contact:
Andrea Harner, Conference Manager, Panel Sessions
Phone: +1-918-831-9560; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org