Fire and Emergency Services Instructor, 9th Edition State-of-the-Art Instructor Textbook and Curriculum
A safe and effective fire service must have capable instructors delivering effective training. Fire and Emergency Services Instructor, 9th Edition, is THE IFSTA source for instructor training.
This NEW text includes all NFPA 1041, Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications, (2019) Levels I, II, and III JPRs.
• Level I ..........................Chapters 1-10
• Level II .......................Chapters 11-15
• Level III.......................Chapters 16-18
• Appendix A - Correlation to NFPA 1041 JPRs
NFPA 1021, Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications requires Instructor Level I certification as a prerequisite for Fire Officer Level I. This NEW IFSTA Instructor text is ideal for these Level I learners.
NEW! Forty-three skill sheets across Instructor Levels I, II and III assist the instructor and the student to prepare for skills evaluations. The Instructor 9 Curriculum includes a NEW feature: The Instructor Tool Kit.
The Instructor Tool Kit is part of the Instructor 9 curriculum and reflects the January 2019 certification decision of an accreditation body including the documents needed to instruct and evaluate students' cognitive based JPRs utilizing multiple grading methods.
Review Boxes are added in this NEW edition to review previous content and highlight prerequisite knowledge for the advancing instructor candidate. For example, Instructor II contains Review Boxes for Level I Instructor content, while Instructor III contains Review Boxes for both Levels I and II.
The manual replicates the terms and vocabulary from the new edition of NFPA 1041. Chapter review and discussion questions are included at the end of each chapter helping students focus on mastering key information.
The NEW IFSTA ONE COLUMN format means more photos, more illustrations, and more tables. More visuals enhance the student learning experience.
The book includes:
- Characteristics of effective instructors and adult learners
- Principals of learning and instructional planning
- The learning environment, classroom instruction and student interaction
- References NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions to teach live-fire training at acquired structures, purpose-built structures and exterior/wildland fire training
- Testing, evaluation and test item construction
- Lesson plan development includes 11 skill sheets
- Instructor and class evaluation
- Four-step development model:
- identifying training needs
- designing a program or curriculum
- implementing the curriculum
- evaluating the curriculum
- Training program evaluation and administration
5 Related Products for Instructor NINE
Instructor NINE Curriculum
Instructors know they can count on IFSTA to provide comprehensive and easy to customize curriculum. The Instructor 9 Curriculum includes all 18 chapters. Find these curriculum components on a Flash Drive and ResourceOne:
- Plan of Instruction
- Syllabus templates
- Lesson Outlines
- PowerPoint® Presentations
- Chapter Quizzes
- Chapter Tests in Exam View
- Skills Evaluation Checklists
- Instructor Toolbox: a NEW addition to the Instructor 9 Curriculum; includes a variety of tools including lesson plan outline and worksheet templates, evaluation rubrics, and examples of acquired structure acquisition agreements and live burn plans for an instructor to incorporate into their course or program
EXAM PREP PRINT
476 Multiple Choice Questions
Exam Prep is designed to be used as a self-study tool for students to prepare for comprehensive end of course tests and the written portion of a certification exam. The Exam Prep content is arranged by chapter. All items are multiple choice so the student practices the way they will be tested instilling confidence and reducing test anxiety. The answers for each question are in the back of the Exam Prep Print. This popular student product includes 476 questions divided among all 18 chapters of Instructor NINE. Each question is page referenced so the user can quickly find the topic to review in Instructor NINE.