CHEMGUARD C306-MS AFFF foam concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for firefighting applications at 3% solution in fresh, salt, or hard water. This foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
· The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
· Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms an aqueous film that suppresses fuel vapor and seals the fuel surface.
· The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
CHEMGUARD C306-MS-C 3% AFFF Concentrate is approved, listed, qualified under, or meets the requirements of the following specifications and standards:
o US Department of Defense Military Specification
- MIL-F-24385F: Fire Extinguishing Agent, Aqueous Film-Forming Foam (AFFF) Liquid Concentrate for Fresh and Sea Water.
o Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)
- UL Standard 162, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- Fresh and Sea Water
o National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- NFPA 403, Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Services at Airports
- NFPA 409, Standard on Aircraft Hangars
- NFPA 412, Standard for Evaluating Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Foam Fire Equipment
- NFPA 414, Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Vehicles
- NFPA 418, Standard for Heliports