ABOUT SILVERFERN POWER
Silverfern Power Technologies (SFP) was founded in 2013 by a group of passionate experts and entrepreneurs specialized in power automation and modern communications. SFP concentrates on improving the visibility and efficiency for power system through utilization of Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analysis.
Our solutions include:
- LinePatrol®, a smart grid sensor (SGS)
- BDCU (Bus Data Collection Unit), an edge computing unit with bus zero-sequence voltage (open-delta voltage, ODV) measurement
- SFPlatform, a Cloud-based big data analytical platform
- Early warnings based on distribution fault anticipation
- Faulted line selection
- Fault detection and location
- Load monitoring (current, voltage, temperature, etc.)
- Power quality analysis (harmonics, 3-phase imbalance etc.)
- Distributed event waveforms recording
- Asset performance management
- Advanced WAMS applications
SFP's Smart Distribution Grid Monitoring System consists of LinePatrol®, a high precision wide-area timing synchronized smart grid sensor (SGS)，an edge computing unit BDCU and a Cloud-based Big Data Analytical platform SFPlatform.
SGSs can be easily installed on both overhead lines and underground cables. They are used to measure the line current, temperature and voltage (on demand) with high precision and accurate timing synchronization. Any faults and disturbances in the distribution network can be captured and the waveform data are first stored locally and then transmitted to SFPlatform via Internet of Things. By introducing edge computing unit, a substantial reduction of real-time data communication load with cloud platform/SCADA can be achieved while only final results and user-specifically-required information have to be transmitted.
SFPlatform collects, records and analyzes the timing synchronized data over time and provides utility operators with insights into the feeders and system-wide network.
This monitoring system is a wide-area timing synchronized system. Measuring data from the SGSs on different locations across the distribution network are time stamped and aligned in micro-second. It provides utilities with high quality and time coherent data throughout their grids, which can be used to improve reliability and reduce the operational cost.
Taking advantage of big data analysis, the system identifies not only faults but also abnormal disturbances for distribution fault anticipation, and then alerts operators visually and notifies repair and restoration crews via SMS and APP in time, which helps to reduce outage duration and enables faster response to lower SAIDI and CAIDI.
- 1us wide-area timing synchronization, 256 samples/cycle and 0.5 grade measurement
- Easy installation via hot stick, 5A line current at full operation
- High accuracy single-phase earth fault detection and location in distribution grid up to 110kV
- Suitable for monitoring bi-directional power flows with increasing renewables penetration
- Suitable for various kinds of neutral grounding systems