Connor Aimone is an Engineer with ABB’s Power Consulting business unit, based in Raleigh, North Carolina. His experience includes
- techno-economic analysis of microgrids and energy storage,
- application layer coding for microgrid control systems,
- developing a load sharing algorithm for interactions between differing energy storage mediums,
- cumulative distribution function models of equipment failure probabilities from population data,
- distribution system voltage conversion scoping, and
- supporting development of relay settings for identifying subsychronous tortional interactions.
Connor’s motivations lie in understanding and modeling the technical and human relationships interwoven into the electric grid. Through mathematics and interpersonal skills, he aims to serve others by responsibly realizing growth and development in power systems.