Engineering and Design for Wiring and Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Introduction - E³.series is a Windows-based, scalable, easy-to-learn system for design of wiring and control systems, hydraulics and pneumatics. It includes schematic (for circuit and fluid diagrams), cable (for advanced electrical and fluid design), panel (for cabinet and panel layout), and formboard (for 1:1 wiring harness manufacturing drawings). Together with MCAD integration, E³.series is a complete solution for the design engineer from concept through physical realization and manufacturing output. E³.series is designed to work out-of-the-box.
A central feature of E³.series is its object-oriented architecture that describes the entire electrical and fluid system (schematic, fluid, cable, panel, and formboard) in one intelligent project file. When you make a change in one module, the change is reflected in all modules. So, if you add or delete a component or connection in one module (such as schematic), that change is reflected in all other modules, including the BOM. This automatically keeps all design and manufacturing documents in sync and eliminates the need to manually update and annotate the corresponding modules. This feature also means you can start the design in any module (including the BOM). Because the BOM is always up to date, it can be reviewed at any stage of the design (for example, by component engineering or procurement).
E³.series’ flexibility allows you to work with many other file formats including the import and export of DXF/DWG, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PDF, DGN, CGM, VRML, and STEP AP-214. Supporting 10 languages and all Windows fonts, E³.series can readily be used for design projects spanning multiple geographies.
A complete environment for design of wiring and control systems, hydraulics and pneumatics!
- Complete electrical and fluid system described in one project file
- Make a change in one view (e.g. schematic and it automatically updates the other views (e.g. cable, panel, formboard, BOM).
- Real-time design rule checks (DRC)
- Identifies and prevents errors in the design, reducing rework.
- Design reuse
- Modular design using predefined sub circuits stored in a library for easy access.
- Intelligent part library
- Library parts contain the attributes that drive the DRC (e.g., AWG, predefined signals on pins).
- MCAD integration
- Routing netlist, library information for wires, cables, and components. Cross highlight between electrical and physical domains.
- Advanced ECAD engine
- Designed for electrical schematic, harness, control system, hydraulic and pneumatic applications. Stable, proven technology with thousands of users.