Capacities: Tray deaeration-5,000 PPH to 500,000 PPH; Storage-110 gallons to 10,000 gallons of feedwater to overflow
Standard Model: vessels comply w/ latest ASME Deaerator and Storage Vessels Code, pumps are selected and sized in accordance w/ ASME Power Boiler Code
Electrical specifications, to come
Deaerators (DA’s) are recommended when the steam system requires significant volumes of make-up water that must be treated to remove free oxygen and carbon dioxide from boiler feedwater. Precision’s Tray-Type DA is the best choice for large stream flows where limited condensate return creates a large demand for makeup water. The Tray Type DA relies on internal spray valves, a cascading series of trays, a vent condenser, and fresh steam to create conditions for large flows of make-up water to release the O2 and CO2 naturally. Investing in a Tray-DA reduces dramatically the consumption of costly oxygen scavenging chemicals otherwise required to prevent corrosion leading to premature steam system failure.
• The upper deaeration vessel is equipped with internal, stainless steel vent condenser and spray valves that release free O2 and CO2 from make-up water as it enters top of vessel; condensate returns and boiler supplied steam enter same vessel from the sides, heating make-up water as it gravity flows down through a stacked column of trays to enter the lower storage vessel. The latent heat from the steam combined with the increased surface area of the trays drives more free O2 and CO2 from the water; together removing all O2 in excess of 0.005 cc/liter and reducing titratable free CO2 levels to zero
• Deaerator and storage vessels are 50 psi design and fabricated to include 1/16-in corrosion allowance. They are mounted on a structural steel stand above the feedwater pumps that are mounted on the base. Pumps, motors and controls are pre-piped and pre-wired prior to shipment. Pump NPSH requirement determines stand height.
• Can be configured for either intermittent duty (on-off) or continuous-run with recirculation loop or precisely modulated by a Variable Frequency Drive control for ease, efficiency and energy savings
• Float activated make-up water valve adds fresh water to replace condensate lost through the steam loop. The DA float assembly is externally mounted, typically sharing the sight-glass water column. Precision also offers solenoid or air actuated valves with proportional control features for more precise level control.
• Control panel mounted on the stand contains fused magnetic starters, switches, lights, alarms, and controls
• Most commonly used for large steam flows where significant make-up water is required