K470- THE ORIGINAL SINCE 1950
- More than two dozen standard sizes
- Cast-aluminum stacking corners
- High level of stability due to three fully-welded aluminum profile frames
- Riveted joints, beading all round and corner beads for additional dimensional stability
- IP 54 standard, IP 65 class protection against water jets available
- UN Certification for HazMat transport
- Several IGBC-certified sizes
- Integrated snap fasteners: may be secured with a plug lock, lead seals, spring anti-opening feature or a padlock (max. shackle thickness 6 mm)
- Many optional accessories
- Custom foam and finishes
The ZARGES K470 universal case is a true classic. Introduced in 1950, it is still known for its innovative and ergonomic design and its durable construction. These characteristics made it the foundation on which most of our cases are based and reflect the quality and the decades of experience of the ZARGES logistics team.
The design of the K470 has changed only slightly over almost 70 years, to keep abreast of the latest technological developments. Among the many included features are a lid with stainless steel hinge, snap fasteners, two lid straps, an all-round polyurethane seal, cast-aluminum stacking corners, three fully-welded aluminum profile frames, riveted joints, beading and corner beads for additional stability, and ergonomic and durable comfort handles that are easy to use, even with gloves.
Our cases can to be up to 50% more efficient than competing cases due to the advantages provided by aluminum. Thinner case walls mean more room for cargo and less weight for the case construction, reducing logistics and shipping costs. ZARGES aluminum cases are lighter and allow for more cargo in the same footprint than comparably sized chipboard or plastic cases.
IP 54 protection is standard, and IP 65 is available, as well as UN Certification for transport of Hazardous Goods. The K470 family of cases are approved for airline transport, both in cargo and, in certain sizes, as a carryon. In addition, several sizes have been certified Grizzly Bear Resistant by the IGBC. In total, there are 26 standard sizes, and custom fabrication is also available.
We offer a range of practical accessories to further secure and protect your goods, from foam linings to locks, detachable trolleys and dollies to more easily transport goods from one location to another, and a range of interior fittings, including dividers and pockets.
With this combination of strength, durability, ergonomics, and flexibility, ZARGES K470 cases offer the optimal solution for safe transportation, economical storage, and reliable protection of your goods against damage and contamination.