What is Integrated Hydraulic Technology | IHT
Harrison Integrated Hydraulic Technology allows you to run your onboard equipment USING HYDRAULIC MOTORS, instead of gas engines, diesel engines or electric motors. Integrated Hydraulic Technology, or IHT, will allow you to create systems you have never been able to accomplish or build before, from SIMPLE APPLICATIONS to complex APPLICATIONS, and everything in between.
Using small, yet very powerful, hydraulic motors provides enhanced performance, operation, and better packaging by reducing the packaging sizes, ELIMINATING MULTIPLE ENGINES and driving all the onboard equipment using hydraulic motors.
Benefits Of Integrated Hydraulic Technology | IHT
- Decreases the size by up to 75%
- Provides increased reliability and performance
- Eliminates small engine maintenance issues and provides zero emissions
- Reduces vehicle wheelbase and increases maneuverability
- Frees up compartment space; equipment can be mounted anywhere
- Simplifies operation; flip a switch and go to work
- Premium Hydraulic Motor will last a lifetime
IHT is so simple and has been used on Harrison hydraulic generators for almost 50-years. Utilizing the existing on-board power-train, rotary power is transferred from the hydraulic pump to the hydraulic motor. THE HYDRAULIC FLUID IS THE “FUEL” for the hydraulic motor.
Hydraulic fluid has a tremendous advantage in that it may only need to be replaced yearly, unlike gas that is consumed every time the gas engine is used. YOU MAY ONLY USE 5-GALLONS OF HYDRAULIC FLUID IN A YEAR compared to 100’s of gallons of gas in a year.
Using gas as a fuel has many disadvantages when compared to using hydraulic oil as the fuel:
- It can go bad in the can or in the gas tank
- You can run out of gas or forget to fill the gas tank
- It may not start every time
- It must be filled up over and over again, using many gallons of gas over the lifetime
- Gas engines will have a much shorter lifespan than a hydraulic motor
- It is NOT environmentally friendly
Harrison has CERTIFIED PARTNERS with many types of onboard Rescue tool pumps and water pumps. In addition to these CERTIFIED PARTNERS, Harrison has worked with many other product partners as well;
- Air compressors with hydraulic motors
- Hydraulic work tool pumps
- Hydraulic Winches
- Hydraulic cranes
Harrison Integrated Hydraulic Technology is available in two packages; IHT-INTEGRATED and IHT-HQ. Which system works best will depend upon a variety of factors.
IHT-INTEGRATED is only available on select generator models, 6-10 kW.
- Both systems can be run off a single pump using the existing generator hydraulic system
- Both systems can operate independently.
IHT-HQ can be USED WITH ANY HARRISON GENERATOR AND can be USED WITHOUT A GENERATOR.
- IHT-HQ provides for an Independent system so this offers the most flexibility of the two varieties of IHT.
- If a Harrison Generator is used with it, it will operate independently from the IHT-HQ system.