Welcome to RDH Under One Roof 2017!
About the Conference! RDH Under One Roof is a three-day action-packed event offering quality dental hygiene continuing education, networking, and fun. Full conference attendees can attend any of the general sessions, including the mega, keynote, and wrap-up sessions, lunches, and receptions. Workshops are available for hands-on experience on a variety of topics, but do require additional registration.
2017 Conference Highlights!
- Earn up to 20 CE credits by attending courses all three days (included in a full-conference registration)
- Hands-on workshops (additional registration required)
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR hands-on training, see the conference schedule for details
- Friday and Saturday lunch on the exhibit hall floor (included in a full-conference registration)
- Exhibits starting Thursday evening, continuing on Friday and Saturday
- Receptions on Thursday and Friday evenings
To access the conference program information, please select from the buttons below:
GENERAL SESSIONS are large group sessions are open to all full conference attendees. No additional registration is needed.
WORKSHOPS are small group sessions with hands-on elements. Workshops are ticketed and require additional registration.
KEYNOTE, MEGA, and WRAP-UP SESSIONS are all attendee general sessions featuring high energy inspiring content!
NETWORKING EVENTS include: receptions, lunches and the exhibit hall floor
ACCREDIDATION: PennWell/RDH Under One Roof is an ADA CERP, AGD PACE, and AADH accredited provider. Check with your local dental board for licensing requirement regulations.
Looking for your 2016 UOR CE credits? CLICK HERE
Questions? Email: Heather Hodges, Conference Manager, at email@example.com
RDH Under One Roof 2018 - Call for General Session Abstracts
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center,
National Harbor, MD (DC Area)
August 1-3, 2018 (Wed-Thurs-Fri)
CLICK HERE for the 2018 Call for Abstracts
For 2018 RDH Under One Roof will only be taking abstracts for general sessions. General sessions are defined at large group lecture sessions with no hands-on activities. The call for abstracts will be open from May 24, 2017 through August 23, 2017. All entries should be submitted online by utilizing the 2018 call for abstracts link. Submissions received after the deadline of August 23, 2017, will be considered alternates.
After the abstracts are received they will be reviewed and graded by the 2018 RDH Under One Roof advisory committee. The committee is composed of practicing dental hygienists, RDH UOR alumni, industry key opinion leaders, and corporate representatives. Notifications of acceptance will go out after the grading process has concluded.
RDH Under One Roof staff encouraged you to submit abstracts on topics that you feel are relevant to the field of dental hygiene. Our goal is to provide the highest level of continuing education and professional development, to inspire and motivate dental hygienists.
Suggested Clinical Topics of Interest
Sterilization techniques in infection control
Cross-training in dental offices
In-office whitening systems
Scheduling and recall
Narratives for insurers
New product review
Home care for orthodontic patients
Abstract Submission Tips:
- All abstract submissions are done online using the following link: 2018 Call for Abstracts. The call for abstracts will be open from May 24, 2017 through August 23, 2017. Abstracts received after August 23rd will be considered alternates.
- Give your course an engaging title, the title should be less than 500 characters.
- The abstract description/summary should encompass the goal of the session, it would be direct and clinical in nature. The total character count should be less than 2000 characters.
- Learning objectives should be behavioral in nature, for a two-hour session, three to four objectives are adequate.
- The course methodology is a brief outline of the teaching method. The total character count should be less than 1000 characters.
- Ability level, all courses at RDH Under One Roof are advanced. There is no other selection.
- The course ‘track’ should be the overarching topic of the session.
- Course duration, most of the courses at RDH Under One Roof are two-hour sessions. There are limited slots available for three-hour or longer sessions.
- Be sure to check your submission for grammar and spelling prior to submission. The abstracts will NOT be edited prior to going to grading. Abstracts that are accepted, will be edited prior to being posted on the website or used in any print format related to the event.
- Presenter biographies, should be less than 500 characters. This is not a CV, the biography should be used to give a picture of who you are and your accomplishments in just a few sentences. For abstracts that are accepted, the submitted biographies will be used for the session introduction.
CE Guidelines for Live CE presented at RDH Under One Roof:
- PennWell is an ADA CERP, AGD PACE, and AADH certified provider. All policies and guidelines of the ADA, AGD, and AADH apply to live continuing dental education activities delivered at RDH UOR. Expanded explanations of the CE guidelines and PennWell’s policies can be provided upon request. Or found online at www.ada.org.
- Continuing education activities are required to be free from commercial brand mentions. The use of unbiased terminology is acceptable
- All presentations must be fair and presented with equitable balance
- The information in the presentation should be properly documented and supported
- References should be provided so the attendee can further research a topic of interest
- Images used in continuing education activities should be authentic. Images cannot be commercial in nature. Use of licensed or otherwise copyrighted images is not recommended
- Defamation of a product that can be recognized even as a generic image is not allowed