SICcast®- Mineral Cast
Hard as a Diamond.
SICcast® is comprised of Silicon carbide (SiC) in a patented mixture with Epoxy resin that is cast into precision moulds under vacuum. The final material exhibits a hardness close to daimonds, requiring the fittings to be machined with diamond tools. Thanks to the temperature-controlled casting process, parts of up to 8 tons can be cast. This material is extremely wear resistant, temperature insensitive and shockproof. It is mainly used in heavy conditions such as in flue gas desulfurization of coal-fired power plants, incineration plants, fertilizer production, titanium dioxide and iron oxide production.
- Complete resistance to corrosion
- Extreme resistance to abrasion: 9.7 on Mohs' Hardness Scale
- Quality Control with high precision casting process
- Lower noise and vibrations when compared to metallic materials
SIConit® - For aftermarket repair and material protection
A reparing kit with similar characteristics as SICcast®
SIConit® is a silicon carbide coating compound for the repair and protection of metallic surfaces exposed to abrasion, corrosion and acids with a pH-value of 0 - 12. SIConit has a very high silicon carbide content for use in extremely abrasive operational conditions where complex and costly repairs are the norm. The compound can either be used to completely rebuild worn metal surfaces or be used as a preventative coating, often outperforming the original metal in terms of abrasive stability. SIConit® can be used in place of metal applications, tiling, rubber backing and other coatings.
The entire SIConit® product spectrum
SIConit coatings are available with various silicon carbide grain sizes, offering unique application and performance characteristics.
- trowelable wear protection
- SIConit® K
- SIConit® M
- trowelable wear protection for areas such as pores and joints
- SIConit® F
- brushable wear protection for smooth surfaces and for optimizing efficiency
- an inorganic high-temperature wear and corrosion resistant material based on silicate technology
- SICcast® Plus