• In submitting an abstract you are:
- agreeing to receive further correspondance about your abstract and the event.
- indicating your availability and willingness to attend and present at Asia Power Week 2018 (either in person or by nominating a speaker) .
• Your abstract must be in English, completely original and address one of the issues outlined in the call for abstract topics
• Please ensure that all author details, including biographies provided when submitting an abstract are correct, as these will be used for pre-event marketing purposes.
The Asia Power Week 2018 Advisory Board is comprised of industry leading professionals. Members of the board are responsible for selecting abstracts for inclusion in the conference program. The committee will consider the following when reviewing and selecting abstracts
1. Presentations should include:
a) commercially viable new technologies that are applicable to the power generation, transmission & distribution and related desalination industries.
b) case histories of applications that have been successfully backed by supporting data.
c) strategies that apply to changes in the industry.
d) technical solutions to problems, industry trends, strategies and regulatory compliance.
2. Presentations should be of interest to a broad audience and not restricted to a highly specialized constituency.
3. Content of presentations must be of relevance to the Asian market.
4. Sales pitch and overtly commercial abstracts will not be selected for presentation
The Advisory Board is responsible for the content of the conference programme and their judgement on submitted abstracts are final. Abstracts are chosen on their strength, content matter and market/trend relevance.
• Please ensure that all speaker & co-author details, including biographies provided when submitting an abstract are correct, as these will be used for pre-event marketing purposes.
• If selected, the point of contact / speaker must comply with all deadlines.
• The point of contact (abstract submitter) will be notified by email as to whether the abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference program by the end of March 2018.They will also be sent all instructions including preparation of a manuscript and presentation.
•Typically, each presentation is allocated 20 min, including Q&A. Final presentation time will be confirmed in the notifiaction email.
• A complete manuscript must be submitted by Friday 15th June 2018. Speakers who submit their paper by the given deadline will be considered for the Best Paper Award. All papers will be published on the conference proceedings as secured PDFs.
• A well developped draft of the PowerPoint presentation must be submitted by Friday 17th August
• The final version of the presentation must be submitted at the event.
• A speaker briefing breakfast/lunch will be organised for the designated speaker to meet the session chairs on the morning/afternoon of the scheduled presentation. It is mandatory for the speaker to attend this briefing.
• Speaker manuscripts and presentations will be published on the conference proceedings as locked PDF files unless conference management is informed otherwise.
LANGUAGE: All abstracts must be submitted in English and if selected for presentation at the event, all required documents (speaker forms, mansucript & presentation) will also be required in English. However, simultaneous translation Indonesian/English will be available during the conference so speakers will be allowed to present in Indonesian if preferred.
REGISTRATION FEES & TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
• One speaker only per selected presentation is eligible for a complimentary "3-day Delegate" registration to Asia Power Week, which includes admission to the exhibition hall and all conference sessions, delegate luncheons, receptions and access to the conference proceedings.
• Speakers are responsible for their own travel, lodging, food, or other expenses. A list of recommended hotels will be made available on the event website.