Abstract Requirements & Submittal Instructions
EXTENDED ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FRIDAY 24th FEBRUARY
Please read this page in full before submitting an abstract
Complimentary Registration: One speaker per selected paper presentation is eligible for a complimentary "3-day Delegate" registration to Asia Power Week, which includes admission to the exhibition hall and all conference sessions, delegate luncheons, exhibit hall floor reception and access to the conference proceedings.
In submitting an abstract you are indicating your availability and willingness to attend and present at the Asia Power Week 2017.
ABSTRACT CONTENT REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES:
The Advisory Board of Asia Power Week comprises a committee of industry leading professionals. The Board is responsible for selecting the content of the conference from submitted abstracts. The committee will consider the following when reviewing and selecting abstracts for inclusion in the POWER-GEN Asia and Renewable Energy World Asia programme:
1. Abstracts should be written in English
2. Paper presentations should include:
a) Commercially viable new technologies that are applicable to the power generation, transmission & distribution and related desalination industries.
b) Case histories of applications that have been successfully backed by supporting data.
c) Strategies that apply to changes in the power generation and desalination industries.
d) Technical solutions to problems, industry trends, strategies and regulatory compliance.
3. Presentations should be of interest to a broad audience and not restricted to a highly specialised constituency.
4.Content of presentations must be of relevance to the Asian market.
5. Overtly commercial abstracts must be avoided and will not be selected for presentation.
6. Please ensure that all author details, including biographies provided when submitting an abstract are correct, as these will be used for pre-event marketing purposes.
The Advisory Board is responsible for the content of the conference programme and their judgement on submitted abstracts are final. Abstracts are chosen on their strength, content matter and market/trend relevance.
CONDITIONS FOR SELECTED ABSTRACTS
- The speaker and primary contact will be notified by email as to whether the abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference program by the end of April 2017.
- Full instructions including preparation of a manuscript and presentation will be sent to the primary contact.
- If selected, the primary contact / speaker must comply with all the deadlines.
- A complete manuscript (approx 20 pages) must be provided by Friday 23rd June 2017
- A well developped daft of the presentation must be provided by Friday 25th August 2017
- Each presentation will be allocated 20 min, including the Q&A.
- Speakers are responsible for their own travel, lodging, food, or other expenses.
- Speaker manuscripts and presentations will be published on the conference proceedings as secured PDF files unless conference management is informed otherwise.
ABSTRACT PREPARATION & DETAILED SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Before submitting your abstract online….
Be sure all information submitted is spelt correctly. If your abstract is selected for presentation, information supplied, including author names, biographies, the abstract title and the abstract itself will be published.
The person submitting the abstract is the point of contact and will receive all correspondence in relation to the abstract / presentation unless instructed otherwise.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
- In the top drop down menu, under the "Conference" tab, click on "Submit or Modify Abstract"
- Log-in. If you have previously submitted an abstract for POWER-GEN Asia, Renewable Energy World Asia or another PennWell event, you should already be registered in our system and will have an password. If you cannot remember your password, you can easily retrieve it using your email.
- If this is your first time to visit the new website you will be asked to create a new profile.
- Once in the system, you will first see a summary of any abstracts previously submitted or in progress for this event, if any.
- To sart submitting a new abstract, enter the abstract title (max. 100 characters) in the box "STEP 1 Abstract Title" just below the list of previously submitted abstracts (if any) and click NEXT
- The abstract and its status will be added to the list of submitted abstracts at the top of the page
To complete the abstract submittal, you need to complete these 5 STEPS :
STEP 1: Abstract Title
- Review / Amend the abstract title as required. Please use Title Case.
STEP 2 : Add Speakers / Authors
- You will need to add the speaker’s information as well as information for all authors associated with the abstract.Remember, all names, job titles, company names and biographies entered will be published if the abstract is selected for presentation so please be sure to enter all information accurately and as you would like to see it published.
Also ensure all mobile number’s and email addresses provided are correct, in case we need to make contact.
(contact information will not be distributed to third parties)
- There are three ways to add authors, read this list to see which applies to you.
Option 1: Add me as Speaker/Author - Use this option if you (the submitter) are also an author or speaker
Option 2: Search existing contacts in our database - Use the ‘search’ function by last name to find the speaker's or authors' information if you think they have been previously entered into the system.
- A drop down list of names will appear. Choose the correct name and press ‘Add’.
- Review the information stored for this person then add missing details or update old information.
- Continue using the search function to add additional speaker/authors.
Option 3: Add new speaker/author – Choose this option to make a new entry/entries if the search function has not found the names you are looking for.
Note – you will not be able to use the ‘Add new speaker/author’ function if the person’s contact details you are trying to enter are already in the system. If either you or your colleagues have ever entered an abstract into this system for any PennWell event in the past, their contact information will be stored and saved for future use. Be sure to use the search function to check if speaker/author names are already in the system.
- Remember to specify the "Type" for each contributor (speaker or author). Please note that we can accept ONLY ONE SPEAKER per presentation
STEP 3 : Abstract details
- Abstract Text:
Enter the abstract text only. Do not include the abstract title, co-author information or contact details. Use sentence case, do not use all capital letters or only lower case.
Note there is a strict 2000 character limit. Perform a word count in Word to check how many characters you have used. Do not format your abstract or separate it into paragraphs. Simply submit it as one paragraph.
- Select the Theme:
Select the theme you believe your abstract best fit into. Please CLICK HERE to check the full list of themes and topics.
- Select the Topic:
Select the topic you believe your abstract is the best related to. Please CLICK HERE to check the full list of topics and subcategories.
- Has this abstract been presented or published before? If yes, where
Please answer this question honestly. Your entry will not be excluded if the abstract was previously presented.
- Confirm Speaker Name:
Enter the name of the person (x1) who will deliver the presentation if the abstract is accepted into the program, this person will receive (x1) complimentary delegate pass to attend the event.
Enter the speaker’s name only, first name followed by surname. Once again exclude contact details and use sentence case.
- How did you hear about the Call for Papers:
Please let us know how you heard about our event and our Call for Papers by selecting one of the options proposed.
STEP 4: Terms & Conditions
- Click to confirm you have read and understood the Abstract Requirements above.
- Once the box is ticked , the option " Submit Abstract" will become availbale
STEP 5 : Submit abstract
- Click on " SUBMIT ABSTRACT"
- You will be redirected to the summary of your abstract and will have a chance to print it
- You will also receive an automatic email confirming the submittal.
HOW TO MODIFY A SUBMITTED ABSTRACT
- Click on "Submit or Modify Abstract" in the top drop down menu. You will be asked to log-in.
- You will see a list of the abstract(s) that are associated with your log-in. On this page you will see the status of your abstract(s). "In -Progress" means you have not yet submitted your abstract and it will not be reviewed by our Advisory Board unless you click " Submit abstract" at the end of the submittal form. The status report will then show " Submitted". You are also able to withdraw you abstract(s) at any time .
- To modify an abstract, click on "Edit" next to the correct abstract title.
- To confirm the modifications, tick once again the box in SETP 4 and press " SUBMIT ABSTRACT" once again. If you make amendments, even to an abstract previously submitted, you will need to press “Submit Abstract” again, otherwise it will show as " In Progress" and will ne be considered for the conference. You will then receive the confirmation your abstract has been submitted, including the amendments.
- After the deadline no further revisions can be made and abstracts will be submitted to the committee for review in their final format.
HOW TO MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS:
To modify your personal details (job title, company, password and other details):
- Click on "Submit or Modify Abstract", under the conference tab. You will be asked to log-in.
- Click on your name, at the top right of the page
- Amend all required information.
- Press "Save" once the modifications have been made
To modify a biography
You can only modify your biography if you have added yourself as a speaker or co-author when submitting an abstract.
- Click on "Submit or Modify Abstract", under the conference tab.You will be asked to log-in.
- Click "Edit" next to one of the abstracts you have submitted and to which you are contributing as speaker or co-author.
- Go to STEP 2: Add Speaker / Authors(s) and click on Edit in the Actions tab under your name.
- Amend all required information
- Press "Save" once the modifications have been made
To confirm any modification, click on the button "Submit Abstract". If you make amendments, even to a biography, you will need to press “Submit Abstract” again, otherwise the abstract will be listed as " In Progress" and will not be considered for the conference. You will then receive the confirmation your abstract has been submitted, including the amendments.
If you have any problems or concerns regarding the submission or modification of an abstract please contact Mathilde Sueur at email@example.com or at +44 1992 656 634