HydroVision International – the World's Largest
We are now accepting abstracts for consideration for HydroVision International 2018!
Deadline to Submit Your Abstract Has Been Extended
TO OCTOBER 8, 2017
Submit your abstract by October 1, 2017, and take advantage of the opportunity to share your insight with more than 3,000 hydro colleagues and to become a prospective participant in this exciting conference!
Topics of interest to the HydroVision International conference audience include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Climate Change and Variability/Extreme Events
- Cultural and Social Issues/Resettlement
- Endangered Species
- Fish Habitat/Instream Flow
- Fish Passage/Protection
- Reservoir Emissions/Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Shoreline and Land Management/Recreation
- Tools for Environmental Optimization
- Tribal/Indigenous Peoples Perspectives
Equipment and Technology
- Auxiliary Equipment and Controls
- Computer Models
- Engineering/Design/Design Tools
- Innovative Ideas/New Technology/Research and Development
- Instrumentation and Control (Protection, Automation, Governors, SCADA)
Market Trends and Strategies
- Construction/Construction Management
- Country Reports/Regional Briefings
- Development Opportunities, Incentives, and Constraints
- Ocean Wave and Tidal and Hydrokinetic Power
- Procurement Specifications
- Pumped Storage
- Small Hydro
Project Management and Operations
- Ancillary Benefits
- Business Issues/Planning/Forecasting
- Dam Removal/Project Decommissioning
- Economics/Finance/Incentives/Non-Power Issues
- Modifying Hydro Operations for Climate Change
- Monitoring/Measuring/Condition Monitoring
- Performance Testing/Flow Measurement
- Power System Stability/Reliability
- Risk Assessment
- Safety/Occupational Safety and Health/Public Safety
- Security and Access
- Transmission Issues/Constraints
- Wind/Solar-Hydro Integration
- Workforce Staffing/Training
Water Management and Movement
- Basin-Wide Planning
- Civil/Dams/Dam Safety
- Flood Protection
- Forecasting (Snowpack, Streamflow)
- Sediment and Erosion Management
- Water Conveyances (Canals, Controls, Gates, Penstocks, Spillways, Valves)
- Water Quality and Temperature
- Water Resources Management
DEADLINE EXTENDED : OCTOBER 8, 2017
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Selection Process: The HydroVision 2018 Technical Papers Committee is composed of seasoned professionals working in all sectors of the hydro market. This committee will carefully review all abstracts submitted by the October 1, 2017, deadline, with the ultimate goal of forming a highly educational and informative technical papers track that addresses topical and timely hydro-related issues.
All abstracts will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract submitted, including content matter, market trends and relevance of the material. The technical committee will give preference to abstracts that include hydro project owner/developer representation. Consultants and manufacturers may submit abstracts of a non-commercial nature, but blatant commercial sales pitches will not be accepted for presentation.
Abstracts will be graded by the committee on the following questions:
Is the abstract relevant to the industry now or in the near future?
Is the abstract clear, concise and effective?
Is the abstract objective?
Is the abstract technically sound?
Will this abstract stimulate discussion and/or encourage attendance at a conference session?
Notification: All primary contacts will be notified via email no later than January 5, 2018, as to whether or not their proposed HydroVision International abstract has been selected. The presenting author for all selected abstracts will be invited to either make a Technical Paper Presentation or a Poster Gallery Presentation at HydroVision International.
- Submit a manuscript to conference management for inclusion in the Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations – Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Register for the conference and pay the required Speaker Registration fee. A Speaker Registration includes: Exhibit Hall Access, Keynote and Closing Luncheon, Conference Sessions (15 PDHs), Breakfast on the day of your session, Delegate Lunches, Exhibit Hall Receptions, Thursday Evening Party and Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations. Register for the conference by May 4, 2018
- Submit a signed Speaker Agreement and Materials Release Form, due immediately upon receipt of acceptance notification.
- The speaker must be present and have purchased a registration for the conference in order to present your paper (or one of the authors has to be present) and to have the paper published in the Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations.
Co-authors are encouraged to attend HydroVision International, and we will gladly include their names in the conference program. They are responsible for their own conference registration, hotel accommodations and other conference-related expenses.
On-line abstract submission
www.hydroevent.com - click on the Conference tab at the top and select Become a Speaker
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION RULES/INSTRUCTIONS:
Step-by-Step Guide for Developing and Submitting an Abstract
Step 1: Choose a topic from the list of suggestions included in this brochure or propose your own hydro-related topic.
Step 2: Develop a well-written, concise synopsis of your proposed presentation topic that addresses key points, not to exceed 2,000 characters in length.
Step 3: Submit your abstract online at www.hydroevent.com - click on Become a Speaker located under the Conference tab and then Submit/Edit Your Abstract on the next page. (Abstracts that are not submitted through this method cannot be considered.)
Please fill out all appropriate fields; the abstract submission process will not be completed without including all required information.
- State whether the topic has been previously presented and, if so, when and at what conference.
- Indicate the topic categories for which the topic would best be suited.
- Include complete name, title, company, address, telephone, fax, e-mail and a short biography for all authors.
- Identify the author who will present the paper at the conference.
- You must click on the Submit Abstract button in order for us to receive your abstract.
Once the abstract has been submitted, an automatic email response will be sent to the submitter confirming HydroVision International conference management has received it. Please retain this email for your records.
The conference technical papers sessions are organized into multiple concurrent session tracks and are tentatively titled:
- Environmental / Social
- Equipment & Technology
- Market Trends & Strategies
- Project Management & Operations
- Water Management & Movement
When you submit your abstract, you will be required to select one of the above-listed tracks.
QUESTIONS or SUBMISSION Problems. contact:
Andrea Harner, Conference Manager
Call for participants in the Panel Presentation Sessions
In addition to the technical paper sessions, HydroVision International features panel presentation sessions divided into seven broad categories:
* Asset Resilience and Sustainability
* Civil Works & Dam Safety
* Marine &Hydrokinetic Energy
* New Development
* Operations & Maintenance
* Policies & Regulations
* Water and Environment
These sessions differ from the technical paper sessions in that they do not involve a formal presentation but rather consist of an interactive panel discussion format, where speakers address various aspects of a specific topic primarily by fielding questions from the audience.
If you are interested in being considered as a speaker in one of these sessions at HydroVision International 2018, please select one or two topics from the above list that best fit your area of expertise and submit them with your name, title, company affiliation, mailing address, phone number and email as well as a short biography to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2017. This could be your opportunity to provide expertise and interact with the audience in lively discussion on some hot topics.
Requirements for speakers participating in a panel discussion include confirming participation and purchasing a conference registration for HydroVision International 2018. PowerPoint presentations are not required.
If you have been selected as a panelist, you will be notified via email or telephone call by January 5, 2018.
To be considered as a speaker in a Panel Presentation Session,
please submit your information by
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 8, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact:
Andrea Harner, Conference Manager
Phone: +1-918-831-9560; Email: email@example.com