SURVICE Metrology personnel have decades of experience supporting the hydroelectric industry
• SURVICE Metrology personnel were the first to introduced laser trackers into the hydroelectric industry.
• In addition, our personnel pioneered the use of photogrammetry in the industry.
• We have a very solid reputation in the hydroelectric industry and returned year by year to many sites until all units have been refurbished.
SURVICE Metrology has provided precision measurements to support the installation of numerous new hydroelectric unit installations. These installations often require working outdoors; exposed to the elements, sometimes at night to minimize differential thermal expansion of the parts being installed.
• Our personnel have provided precision measurements for the installation of hydroelectric power generation units across the United States and Canada.
SURVICE Metrology personnel are trained to efficiently and accurately measure generator components such as stators and rotors.
We are also highly experienced at the measurement of turbine components:
• checking shafts for verticality
• verifying wicket gate locations
• setting of the wicket gate opening mechanism
We also specialize in the measurement of turbine blades, both in and out of the unit, providing a very useful comparison with CAD if required.
• All SURVICE personnel are experienced at key bar installation.
• SURVICE has developed a proprietary method for the keybar placement which greatly assists welders and allows for fast efficient alignment of the keybars.
• If you have existing procedures that have worked well for you in the past, we will work with you to ensure that the installation goes smoothly.
SURVICE Metrology provides innovative and integrated dimensional inspection services, 3-D modeling, and metrology application development. From our metrology facilities in Maryland, Florida and Michigan, as well as through our portable field measurement teams, we provide responsive support and quality products to our customers.
SURVICE Metrology is a division of the SURVICE Engineering Company (www.survice.com). SURVICE has provided our defense, energy, aerospace, and automotive industry customers with specialized products and services supporting the design, development, testing, and fielding of systems for more than 35 years. SURVICE's corporate headquarters is in Belcamp, MD, and has technical operations in Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Alabama, Florida, and California.
- A suite of state-of-the-art metrology equipment – laser and structured-light scanning, portable and fixed CMMs, laser trackers, photogrammetry, x-ray computed tomography
- Advanced measurement and modeling tools
- Extensive measurement and modeling experience
- Unique custom application development capability – Enhanced Laser Radar, HawkEye, VSL
- Additive manufacturing – 3D printing services
Whether scanning a large vehicle, measuring a stator at a hydroelectric powerplant, or inspecting machined parts, the most efficient tools and processes to capture the required level of detail and accuracy will be determined and applied. In addition, SURVICE Engineering maintains a staff of approximately 350 scientists, engineers, mathematicians, analysts, technicians and administrative support staff to provide reach-back support as needed for our customers. From data analysis and visualization to software development and finite element analysis, this comprehensive support is truly Beyond Measure™.