Deadline for Abstract and Utility University submissions is extended through Monday, May 22, 2017!
We are currently accepting presentation proposals for DistribuTECH 2018 Conference & Exhibition which will take place January 23 - 25, 2018
at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
January 22: Utility University workshops
January 23 - 25: Conference and Exhibition
We use an automated system for all presentation submissions.
Please read the following instructions and guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS
1. Individual Presentation: When submitting an abstract in this category you are planning for a speaker or up to 1 co-presenter to present for 20 minutes. The committee will select 3 abstracts submitted as individual presentations that have similar topics and build a 1.5 hour session around them.
2. Panel Session: When submitting an abstract in this category the submitter provides a panel moderator and up to 4 panelists. The committee will select one abstract submitted as a Panel and that will be the full 1.5 hour session. Submitters of these abstracts are required to secure the moderator and all panelists. It is recommended that you have those individuals identified at the time of submission.
3. Utility University course: Utility University courses are either 4 or 8 hour preconference courses. Proposals selected for presentation will require a contractual agreement in which the course provider and PennWell split profits from this course.
What is required when submitting an abstract or proposal?
1. Title of abstract: Do not use all caps, trademarks or abbreviations.
2. Abstract Description (up to 3,000 characters which includes every space, dash, letter, tab, etc.): We recommend typing your abstract in a block paragraph with no tabs or excess spaces.
3. Presenter information: At a minimum this includes their name, title, company, bio, email. The more information you can provide the review committee about an individual the better.
4. Presenter Type: For each person listed you will need to assign them a presenter type (Speaker, Co-author, Point of Contact, Instructor).
5. Track Category: Our review committee is broken into subcommittees based on our tracks. Submit your abstract in the track/category it best fits for your first choice. See the left navigation bar for a list of Tracks/Categories. We strongly recommend choosing a second category that most closely matches your topic. Should the first choice committee not accept your abstract it will be sent to the second choice review committee for consideration.
1. Abstracts with a utilty involved are generally given more consideration than abstracts without a utility presenting or co-presenting.
2. Keep your abstract focused on education; lessons learned, case studies, best practices. Any abstract even slightly perceived as marketing related will be immediately rejected.
3. List your speaker(s) bios whenever possible, especially if they have not previously spoken at DistribuTECH.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT/PROPOSAL
A password is required to submit an abstract or proposal. Please read the next steps carefully to obtain your Password.
- Click the "Submit or Modity Abstract or UU Proposal" link in the navigation menu off the Conference tab above.
- You will see a box requesting a password. Never submitted an abstract? Create a new account completing the information. (This only needs to be done the first time you submit.)
- If you have submitted abstracts or presented at DistribuTECH 2011-2017, a password may already exist for you. To retrieve your password, select "We can retrieve it for you." and enter your email address as instructed on the form. Your password will be emailed to you. If you do not receive an email with your password it could mean that we have a different email in the system for you. Contact the conference manager to correct your email.
Once you log in with your password, you can begin entering your abstract or proposal.
Step 1: Enter the presentation title and select Next.
Step 2: Add presenters' names and contact information. Follow the prompts to assign each person a speaker type. You may be prompted to enter additional information for presenters.
Step 3: Upon completing the fields, be sure to check the box at the bottom of the page attesting that the informaiton is correct and then select the Submit button. Once you click "Submit" it will be submitted via our system for later review by the program committee.
You may save the proposal as a draft and log in later to resume. The proposal title is required for saving as a draft.
Please note: If you successfully submit your abstract or proposal you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive the email confirmation shortly after selecting Submit then your abstract or proposal has not been successfully submitted.
If you need to stop while entering your information you may leave the site and return as many times as you would like until May 22 to modify your submission.
Until May 22 you may revise your submission by using the left menu link "Submit or Modify Abstract or UU Proposal". After May 22 no further revisions can be made. Submitted abstracts and UU proposals will be sent to the committee for review in their final format.