UU 305: Deployment of IEC 61850 in a Nutshell - Step by Step Guidance to Realize an IEC 61850 System (#16575)
Monday, January 30, 2017: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Evlaute this session
This course aims to educate participants on the underlying frameworks of IEC 61850, making them comfortable with the following:
1. The fundamental concepts behind IEC 61850, including the standardized data models and abstract communication services. This includes MMS, GOOSE and Sampled Value messages, as well as the network architectures and workflow processes used when integrating IEC61850 based protection, automation and control systems.
2. The specification and engineering processes prescribed by IEC 61850, including explanation of the various configuration tools and SCL files used throughout the specification and engineering phases of an IEC 61850 project. The participant will have a solid understanding of the workflow process for both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
3. Testing and commissioning, one of the most important aspects of any automation project. Participants will complete an exercise that walks them through the testing of a breaker failure scheme
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Substation Automation Architects
- Utility Consultants
- Substation Engineers
- Protection & Control Engineers
- SCADA Engineers
- Operation & Maintenance Engineers
- Testing & Commissioning Engineers
Cost for this course is $300.00